Contents for the Transactions ‘New Series’ Volume 24.
- Manor Farm (formerly Cabborns), Stanford-le-Hope. By the Rev G M Benton, M.A., F.S.A. … 1
- Survey of the Manor of Woodham Ferrers, 1582. By F G Emmison, F.S.A., F.R.Hist.S. & F Hull, B.A. … 6
- Borley and the Waldergraves in the Sixteenth Century. By Anthony I Doyle, M.A. … 17
- The Recovery of a Medieval Altar-Slab and an Eighteenth-century Floor-Slab in Borley Church. By the Rev G M Benton … 32
- A Bronze Statuette of Mercury from Colchester. By M R Hull, M.A., F.S.A. … 43
- The Essex Associations of Henry Yevele and some of his Contemporaries. By Francis W Steer, F.R.Hist.S. … 47
- Bristol and Colchester: a Seventeenth Century Relationship. By F R Rogers, M.A., F.L.A. … 53
- The Mountjoy Gift to Copford. By Dorothy A Harrison … 56
- Fourteenth-century Seal of Simon de Blyton, Abbot of Colchester. By M R Hull … 69
- The Leger Book of St John’s Abbey, Colchester. By the Rev Canon J L Fisher, M.A., F.S.A. … 77
- White Colne Church. By the Rev G M Benton … 128
- Some Domestic Wall-Paintings of Essex, Part II. By the Rev G M Benton … 132
Archaeological Notes … 149
- Neolithic Axe from Elsenham. By Hubert Collar, A.R.Hist.S.
- Coin of Carausius found at Thaxted. By the Rev G M Benton
- Jocelin of Brakelond. By the Rev Canon J L Fisher
- The Marshalcy of the Admiralty for Essex in 1438. By Geoffrey H Martin, B.A.
- MSS. sent from Colchester to London for Illumination, A.D.1483. By the Rev G M Benton
- Ingleby’s Manor, Chadwell. By (the late) H C Andrews, M.A., F.S.A.
- The Recovery of a lost brass at Saffron Walden. By the Rev G M Benton, G H S Bushnell, M.A., Ph.D., F.S.A., & G A E Ruck, M.A., F.S.A.
- A Carved Beam at Thaxted, c.1500. by Francis W Steer
- Recovery of a Monumental Brass at Tollesbury. By the Rev G M Benton
- Barnes of Malgraves. By L Dow
- An Elizabethan School Book. By the Rev R R Lewis, M.A.
- Arms of Coys and Warren. By Charles Evans, M.A.
- Essex Painter-stainers. By Margaret M Emmison, M.A.
- Sir Christopher Wren and Burnham. By the Rev G M Benton
- Parish Book of St Mary’s Colchester. By G O Rickword
- Oak Effigy, Little Horkesley Church. By the Rev G M Benton
- Sir William Gurney Benham, F.S.A., F.R.Hist.S. … 163
- Canon Thomas Higham Curling, M.A. … 164
- Edward Percival Dickin, M.D., F.S.A. … 166
- Frederick Wykeham Chancellor, M.A., F.R.I.B.A. … 170
- Canon Francis William Galpin, D.Litt., F.L.S. … 172
Publications … 175
- Camulodunum: First Report on the Excavations at Colchester, 1930-1939, by Hawkes & Hull.
- Pebmarsh Church, Essex, by T D S Bayley.
- Wanstead Through The Ages, by Winifred V Phillips
- Danbury: Historical Notes and Records of the Village, by Mary Hopkirk
- Catalogue of Maps in the Essex Record Office 1566-1855
- The History of a Little Town: the Story of Billericay, by George Walker
- At the Courts of Great Canfield, Essex, by G Eland
- The Monumental Brasses of Essex, by Miller Christy, W Wade Porteous & Dr E Bertram Smith edited by R H D’Elboux
- Essex Heyday, by William Addison
- Some Examples of English Handwriting, by Hilda E P Greive
- Mehalah: A Story of the Salt Marshes, by S Baring-Gould
Annual General Meeting, at Town Hall, Colchester, 31 October 1944 … 186
Report for 1943 … 189
Balance Sheet for 1943 … 194
Annual General Meeting, at Town Hall, Colchester, 24 July 1945 … 198
Report for 1944 … 200
Excursions: 1945 & 1946 … 203
Annual General Meeting, at Town Hall, Colchester, 16 October 1946 … 230
Report for 1945 … 232
Balance Sheet for 1945 … 236
Excursions 1947 … 240
Annual General Meeting, at Town Hall, Colchester, 25 October 1947 … 244
Report for 1946 … 248
Annual General Meeting, at County Hall, Chelmsford, 23 June 1948 … 252
Report for 1947 … 254
Balance Sheet for 1947 … 256
Excursions: 1948 & 1949 … 261
Annual General Meeting, at Town Hall, Colchester, 6 October 1949 … 271
Report for 1948 … 273
Balance Sheet for 1948 … 276
New Members … 280
Donations to the Society … 296